• Chocolate has 400 distinct flavour compounds – that’s 200% more than any other food! The exotic flavoured ‘criollo’ variety represents only 1% of world production and is the highest priced in international commodity markets.
• Magnesium is the most common deficient major mineral even following a balanced diet – it is estimated that over 80% of Australians are chronically lacking.
• Phenylethylamine (PEA) found in cacao products is an adrenal-related chemical that is created within the brain and released when we fall in love, and also help increase focus and alertness.
• Pure raw cacao seems to diminish appetite – likely as a result of it’s unusual MAO inhibitors that allow more serotonin and other neurotransmittors like anandamide (the bliss chemical) to circulate in the brain, precipitating a rejuvenating effect.
• Cacao beans, nibs and powder contain no sugar and have a fat content lower than most other nuts.
• The Kuna Indians of the Panamanian Islands consume significant amounts of high-flavonol cacao; they also have extremely low blood pressure that doesn’t climb as they age.
Processing: Our Cacao Nibs are simply shelled and crushed cacao beans.