The Most Valuable Super Food Many nutritionists consider primary-grown nutritional yeast to be the most valuable Super Food available. Nutritional yeast is a truly amazing source of many nutrients packed into one food. This is because nutritional yeast is a complete protein, containing more protein than meat and is much more bio-available.
In addition, nutritional yeast is an excellent source of B-vitamins, including B12 (especially important for vegetarians). Nutritional yeast also contains GTF, the glucose tolerance factor that helps regulate blood sugar. The earliest recorded use of yeast was in 1550 BC in Egypt. But it is only during the last few decades that the outstanding health benefits of nutritional yeast have been researched.
Raised on MolassesThe best primary grown nutritional yeast is grown on mineral-enriched molasses. The yeast absorbs the minerals from the molasses, providing possibly the best natural food form of minerals available for humans. At the end of its growth period, the yeast is pasteurized to avoid the use of living yeast (which can create intestinal problems such as gas and bloating).
- Use Quantum Nutritional Flakes as a condiment sprinkled on rice and vegetables, or on popcorn for snack time
- Mix in breakfast drinks
- Dust on breads and crackers• Blend in butter, cheese, spreads and pâtés
- Use in dips, sauces and gravies (½ teaspoon per 1 cup liquid)
- Add to soups, bisques and chowders
- Sprinkle on sandwiches
How to Use Quantum Nutritional Flakes
- Include in main entrees
- Blend in desserts
- Add one tablespoon per 2 cups mixture to vegetable, bean or grain burgers
- Use 1 teaspoon of nutritional yeast with each cup of flour or meal in baked goods
- Make a yeast “cheese” to adorn a vegan pizza or lasagne
- Add it to your cat or dog’s food to help eliminate fleas and promote a healthy coat and good general nutrition
Another type of nutritional yeast, brewer’s yeast, is not a primary grown yeast but a by-product of the beer-brewing industry without the robust properties of primary grown yeast. It has a bitter flavour (from hops) and may contain impure yeast strains encountered during the brewing process. In contrast, primary-grown nutritional yeast contains only a pure yeast strain and has a delightful, nutty-like flavour.
So Many Nutrients in One Source Nutritional yeast contains 18 amino acids (forming complete protein) and 15 minerals. It is rich in B-complex vitamins, especially helpful for stress reduction. Nutritional yeast is a valuable supplement, especially for vegetarians or vegans since it supplies a source of good B-12.
Concerned About Yeast and Candida? Nutritional yeast is a primary grown food yeast (non-fermenting), called Saccharomyces cerevisiae. It is not a pathogenic yeast and does not cause Candida or other yeast infections. Add a few teaspoons daily to food for optimal health.